Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Life: Up to Date

Well, it seems I haven't written in a few weeks. I have been real busy and needing to make decisions. However, none of them are good.

#1) I dropped out of the master's program at UWF.
#2) I am more than behind in deadlines at work.
#3) I am more behind in my studies.
#4) I am behind in studying for the GRE/LSAT.
#5) I have made a decision to study with a CMU alum, to get back into the game.

Therefore, I need to do things that counter-balance my bad decisions.
My study plan goes as follows:
1) LSAT
2) GRE (Maths/Verbal)
3) Technologies (awk, sed, rss feeds, bash/ksh, php, C/C++)
4) Back-end Development (C/C++)
5) Datastructures/Algorithms
6) Projects - Game Programming
7) General Reading.

A situation that is indeed funny to behold. The reason for me dropping out hinges upon two facts that are pretty bold for me to say, but I believe they are true.
1. Dr. Coffey scored me an F and didn't respond with any emails or notification of my grade as an F.
2. Dr. Edwards is the most slack professor/advisor at the university.
Wisdom is not wisdom when it's brutally demeanored by slack individuals; it then just proceeds to be laziness with experience. Therefore, it's time to pick up the slack. Dropping out of school was the wisest choice I have ever made, and it just pushes me to strive even harder. (Plus, the topics I was studying was not what I need to be concentrated on)

-- some pathetic coder

No comments: